The bust of Aleksander Duchnovic was first installed in the Rusyn Cultural Garden in Cleveland Ohio in 1939. At some point in the 1970's the bust was stolen.
In recent years, an effort spearheaded by John Krenisky, Paul Burik, Victor Ptak, Kavulla Estate, Holden Parks Trust and others led to the creation of a new bust.
In a ceremony in the Rusyn Garden on Sunday June 24, 2012 the new bust was unveiled.
John Krenisky and Paul Burik unveiled the bust of Fr. Aleksander Duchnovic
Bust of Aleksander Duchnovic unveiled by
Paul Burik and John Krenisky
After the unveiling, the Living Traditions Folk Ensemble led the crowd in the Rusyn Anthem.
Singing the Rusyn Anthem Ja Rusyn Byl
Bonnie Burke, President of the Cleveland Chapter of the Carpatho-Rusyn Society, officially dedicated the bust.
Rusyn Garden Dedication Main page
Faces in the crowd and song and dance from the event
Back to Top
Back to Cleveland Rusyns
For sponsorship opportunities, please contact us.
Your message could be HERE!