|What it means to be Irish - Humor|
What it means to be Irish
- You will never play professional basketball.
- You swear very well.
- At least one of your cousins holds political office.
- You think you sing very well.
- You have no idea how to make a long story short
- You are very good at playing a lot of very bad golf.
- There isn't a huge difference between losing your temper and killing
- Much of your food was boiled.
- You have never hit your head on the ceiling.
- You spent a good portion of your childhood kneeling.
- You're strangely poetic after a few beers.
- You are, therefore, poetic a lot.
- You will be punched for no good reason...a lot.
- Some punches directed at you are legacies from past generations.
- Your sister will punch you because your brother punched her.
- Many of your sisters are Catherine, Elizabeth or Mary ... and one is Mary Catherine Elizabeth.
- Someone in your family is incredibly cheap. It is more than likely you.
- You don't know the words, but that doesn't stop you from singing.
- You can't wait for the other guy to stop talking so you can start talking.
- "Irish Stew" is the euphemism for "boiled leftovers from the fridge".
- You're not nearly as funny as you think you are, but what you lack in talent, you make up for in frequency.
There wasn't a huge difference between your last wake and your last keg party.
- You are, or know someone, named "Murph".
- If you don't know Murph, then you know Mac, if you don't know Murph or Mac, then you know Sully, and you'll probably also know Sully McMurphy.
- You are genetically incapable of keeping a secret.
- Your parents were on a first name basis with everyone at the local emergency room.
- And last but not least...,being Irish means... that your attention span is so short that ---oh, forget it.
Back to Top
Back to Cleveland Irish
Claddagh Jewelry from Ireland Wedding and Family Rings, Pendants.
Irish Gifts & Merchandise - The Premier web site for Irish
Gifts, Jewelry and more.
ClevelandPeople.com is sponsored in part by