Irish Cultural Garden Fountain Ceremony Cleveland Ohio October 30, 2010
The Irish Cultural Garden was originally dedicated on October 29, 1939. A massive restoration effort culminated in the rededication of the Irish Garden on October 3, 2009.
On Saturday October 30, 2010 a grand new addition to the Irish Garden was dedicated - a 3 piece, 13,000 pound granite fountain.
The ceremony began with Irish Garden Club founder Ed Crawford introducing Cleveland City Council president Martin Sweeney.
Cleveland City Council president Martin Sweeney
Ed Crawford then thanked Charlene Crowley and Sheila Murphy Crawford for their invaluable help with the Garden.
Char Crowley and Ed Crawford
Sheila Murphy and Ed Crawford
Sheila Murphy Crawford, Ed Crawford and Charlene Crowley
Notice that the name Lennon is inscribed on the fountain. John Lennon, son of fountain honoree Fred Lennon, told how his father was a simple man but would have loved the fountain.
Ed Crawford with Kelly and Ken Ryan
The official ceremony concluded with a blessing prayer from Father Jim O'Donnell as the fountain water was turned on.
Father Jim O'Donnell
Congratulations to the Irish Garden Club and all those involved with the new fountain in the beautifully restored Irish Cultural Garden. Enjoy these photos from the dedication. Contact us for high-resolution photos or videos from the event.
Lennon family members
Ward 8 Councilman Jeff Johnson, Tim McCormack and City Council President Martin Sweeney