Saint Margaret Mary Church was founded in 1949 and had the last Mass celebrated in 2010.
For years, Saint Margaret Mary School, attached to the Church, served as the grade school (grades 1-8) for thousands of students.
Desk from St Margaret Mary school
Those of a certain age will remember Founding Father and Pastor Henry Hofer as well as Father Bedel and Father Joseph Weigand.
Hofer Hall at Saint Margaret Mary
Father Henry Hofer
Father Joseph Weigand in 2010 at a Saint Margaret Mary reunion
A favorite spot to pray was the statue just east of the Convent.
The interior of the Church was remodeled from the original construction. The photos below are from Holy Saturday blessing of the food at Saint Margaret Mary Church in 2010 before it was closed.
If you have photos or memories of Saint Margaret Mary, please send them to us and we will share on this site.
UPDATE: Saint Margaret Mary was thought to be one of the churches that was mentioned by the Vatican for possible further consideration but that was in error.
Before that was known, a prayer vigil was held at the Church on March 14, 2012.
Father Richard Hudak
O Lord Jesus Christ, who didst wondrously open the unsearchable riches of Thy Heart to blessed Margaret Mary, the virgin: grant unto us, by her merits and our imitation of her, that we may love Thee in all things and above all things, and may be worthy to have our everlasting dwelling in the same Sacred Heart: who livest and reignest, world without end. Amen.
Top of Page
Back to Cleveland Catholic Churches